Halloween is right around the corner! And we all know what that means for our skin and face. Dousing your skin with fake blood, using makeup to create the sexiest skeleton, and applying fake eye-lashes in order to convey the most realistic witch!
However, with all the craziness, it’s easy to forget about your skin during this time. Because, let’s be honest, a holiday in which you can emulate and personify your favorite character, whether it be from childhood or a recent pop-culture icon, can be nothing but a wonderful spectacle. Not to mention, the holiday revolves around candy! Bags and bags of candy! Okay, I’ll tone it down a bit. It just gets us so excited around here. While we’re all for having fun, we can’t forget about your skin.
There are many reasons as to how Halloween can disrupt your skin: looking at you midnight pepperoni slice, oil-based coloring makeup, and, of course, your late night self that wants to continue partying.
But don’t worry, we’re here for you! Below you’ll find some tips to help you look great post-celebration.
Here we go:
- Don’t do a peel before your Halloween makeup!
- It may be enticing to try and scrub your face down in order to look your very best for Halloween. However, by doing that you may actually fall victim to opening up your pores exposing it to ingredients from makeup you don’t want
- Drink copious amounts of water
- Not only is it good for your health, especially after some of those pumpkin based cocktails, but your skin will truly appreciate getting some hydration before the night is over
- Perform a trial run of your costume make-up
- We all want to make the most creative costumes we can think of. And sometimes, that means applying glue to get the fancy effect that you need!
- However, glue and paint (especially metal and red paints) are especially tough on the skin. If you don’t remove glue or paint carefully it can certainly tear the skin
- We recommend testing the paint or glue before applying
- Resist the urge to crawl right into bed
- Make sure you don’t go to bed without taking your make-up off! Sleeping with your make-up can really do a number on your skin! You’ll thank yourself later if you find the energy to remove your makeup and wash your skin
- Start with a cold cream cleanser and make-up remover, then we can move to a regular make up remover, once that is complete, scrub your face with a PH-balanced soap to get rid of any remaining dirt and make-up
- Major key! Give your skin a treat the next day
- Make sure the next day you do a total skin detox. The makeup is off, the dirt has been cleaned the night before, and now it’s time to polish that baby (your face) off!
- Nuvesse’s Deep Hydrating Serum No. 5 will always do the trick, packed with nourishing hyaluronic acid, glycerin and aloe vera to soothe and hydrate environmentally stressed skin. The result is visibly brighter, hydrated and more beautiful skin
- Last but certainly not least, enjoy yourself!
- This only comes once a year, so live it up!
Ahhhh, winter… It’s almost here which means we get to enjoy some of our favorite things. Pajama days, fuzzy socks, and your grandmother’s homemade soup to name a few. All of these are a part of why we enjoy winter so much. However, the one drawback with winter is how it affects our skin. Winter means drier air, which leads to moisture being sucked from our skin. In addition to the effects of the winter cold, we have to keep in mind how much we try and keep ourselves warm and cozy and how that also has a mild effect on drying our skin.
Lucky for you though, we have some tips that might help you get through the winter season.
First things first, you have to get to your local supermarket to pick up a few supplies. What is it about these ordinary grocery store items? All of them are all-natural stimulants helping to achieve healthy, hydrated and lively skin. Trust us, it’ll be worth it later! Once there, you should pick up at least one, if not all five, of these ingredients:
- Olive oil— filled with vitamins and minerals that help hydrate the skin.
- Avocados— used to hydrate the skin and prevent any evaporation of moisture from the skin and are filled with healthy fats that work wonders for your face.
- Rose water—balances out PH levels and prevents acne breakouts and most importantly rose water, during the winter, helps your skin feel refreshed.
- Cucumbers— contain a high percentage of water which acts as a natural skin hydrator.
And a fun fact. Though it’s winter, UV rays still penetrate through clouds (if not more due to reflection from clouds, science!) and can cause you to gain wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin. In addition, if you were hoping to try and keep that last bit of your summer tan we suggest switching from bronzer to liquid foundation. Continuing to use bronzer in the wintertime can lead to your skin becoming drier. Liquid foundation helps keep your skin hydrated.
There are certain ingredients that we use in our products that have been linked to achieving better skin during the winter time. One of our main ingredients, Glycerin, acts as a natural moisturizer, as it reduces inflammation and is kind to sensitive skin. Our Deep Hydrating Serum No. 5 deliver this powerful ingredient and so much more! As a result of this, our Nuvesse Deep Hydrating products promote deep hydration while minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. They’re clinically proven to accelerate the skin’s natural healing process for a smoother and more hydrated feel.
Before it gets too cold, and you start longing for your winter favorites, don’t forget to stock up this winter with one of your new favorite things our Deep Hydrating Serum No. 5!
Father Time is unavoidable, he lingers like an unwelcomed guest, and is consistently knocking at our door. Moreover, he has this lasting effect on our skin that we can only try and hope to avoid, aptly named wrinkles! A new study, conducted by Sperling’s Best Places, looks to the future as they list the top-50 wrinkle prone cities by 2040. The study used an assortment of factors that affect our skin in order to calculate which city will be the most wrinkle-prone by 2040. This includes things like: lifestyle, occupational, and environmental influences. Their rankings are intriguing to say the least.
Philadelphia! We’re looking at you first! Unfortunately, you’re at the top of the list. The city of brotherly love is anticipated to be the most wrinkle prone city by 2040. Why Philly? Well, Philadelphia is expected to increase in stress levels, airborne pollution, commuting times, and higher than average smoking rates. Are there other indications of whether a city will be more wrinkle prone? Extreme urban environments and higher temperatures, which impacts cities like Washington DC and New York. The least wrinkle-prone? San Jose, due to its shorter commute time, smaller population size and anticipated shift toward a wetter climate.
So what can you do? Before we get too far ahead of ourselves and start to contemplate moving to a different city you can use products that contain proven key ingredients specifically tailored to fight wrinkles. Nuvesse anti-aging masks use Cellulation Technology to deliver key ingredients past the tough outer layer of skin. This includes skin nourishing vitamins A, C and E and other sources of anti-oxidants, which help with skin’s collagen development and helps protect cell membranes from damage and prevent premature aging. Essentially, the masks are nourishing your skin to accelerate its own natural healing processes. The result? Skin that looks better after each use and when combined with the Nuvesse targeted eye serum roller, the anti-aging results are even more visible.
Even better, Nuvesse masks are specially designed to deliver results in just 20 minutes — your skin will look firmer and brighter; it will feel plumper and more hydrated. And that’s just after one treatment — with regular and continued use of Nuvesse anti-aging masks your skin will look better, firmer and more youthful after each application. So you can take down that for sale sign.
List of cities:
1. Philadelphia, PA
2. Denver-Aurora, CO
3. Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, WA
4. Chicago-Naperville-Arlington Heights, IL
5. Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI
6. Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ
7. Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV
8. New York, NY
9. Warren, MI
10. Edison, NJ
11. Portland-Vancouver-Beaverton, OR-WA
12. Pittsburgh, PA
13. Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, GA
14. Nassau County-Suffolk County, NY
15. Boston-Quincy, MA
16. Baltimore-Towson, MD
17. St. Louis, MO-IL
18. Newark, NJ-PA
19. Providence-New Bedford-Fall River, RI-MA
20. Cambridge-Newton-Framingham, MA
21. Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX
22. Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
23. Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro-Franklin, TN
24. Cincinnati-Middletown, OH-KY-IN
25. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Glendale, CA
26. Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA
27. Kansas City, MO-KS
28. Indianapolis-Carmel, IN
29. Columbus, OH
30. Miami-Miami Beach-Kendall, FL
31. Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord, NC-SC
32. Orlando-Kissimmee, FL
33. Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis, WI
34. Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
35. Cleveland-Elyria-Mentor, OH
36. Dallas-Plano-Irving, TX
37. Las Vegas-Paradise, NV
38. Oakland-Hayward-Berkeley, CA
39. Sacramento-Arden-Arcade-Roseville, CA
40. Austin-Round Rock, TX
41. Detroit-Dearborn-Livonia, MI
42. San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA
43. Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach-Deerfield Beach, FL
44. San Antonio, TX
45. Santa Ana, CA
46. San Francisco-Redwood City-South San Francisco, CA
47. Virginia Beach-Norfolk-Newport News, VA-NC
48. Jacksonville, FL
49. West Palm Beach-Boca Raton-Delray Beach, FL
50. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA
eEveryone wants to look their best. And in most cases that means younger. Looking great at 18 is easy but as we age, looking great can take a bit more work. We all have to work out a bit harder, skip a late night now and then and start really taking care of our skin. Aging gracefully can be tough but it’s worth it.
The thing is, not every aspect of aging has to be a struggle, and you don’t have to pour a ton of time or energy into your anti-aging skincare routine to achieve the results you want — whether increased hydration and firmness, fading of age spots, enhanced radiance, or reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. In fact, NuvesseMD’s masks are specially designed to deliver results in just 45 minutes — your skin will look firmer and brighter; it will feel plumper and more hydrated. And that’s just after one treatment — regular and continued use of NuvesseMD’s anti-aging masks and serums will give you increased returns, resulting in skin that looks better, firmer and more youthful after each application. It’s effective skin care at its simplest.
Engineered with deeply penetrating Cellulation Technology, NuvesseMD masks deliver state-of-the-art ingredients past the tough outer layer of skin, delivering high concentrations of nourishing active ingredients deeply into your skin, where collagen and elastin form. Essentially, the masks are nourishing your skin’s underlying structures to accelerate your skin’s own natural healing processes; the result is skin that looks better after each use. When combined with NuvesseMD’s line of targeted treatment serum rollers, the anti-aging results are even more visible.
An effective skin care routine doesn’t have to take hours out of your day. The key to better, younger-looking skin is to cease the struggle and embrace a simple, proven results-based routine — save the hard work for the gym.
There are two different kinds of bags that can be found on the cover of your favorite fashion magazines— designer handbags and under eye bags. The first is coveted, desired and the perfect accent. The second — not so much. Unfortunately, it’s the under eye variety that most of us tend to own, which usually shows up in a few different ways:
- Dark circles
- Crepey skin
That puffy look on the eyelids is the result of fluid retention, which has several different causes, including lack of sleep, seasonal allergies, and genetics. Dark circles are caused by dilated blood vessels underneath your eyes — as we age, the under eye skin gets thinner so the dark blood vessels become more visible. Finally, the wrinkled, crepey appearance of under eye tissue is the natural result of weakening facial muscles— another side effect of growing older.
Though the beauty industry is rife with creams and serums that claim to fight under eye bags, many products just aren’t formulated to fully address the problem. When combating any variety or combination of under eye bags, it’s important to choose products that contain proven key ingredients that are specifically tailored to treat the appearance of dark circles, puffy eyes, and wrinkles. Formulated with potent antioxidants caffeine, vitamin A, and vitamin C, NuvesseMD Serum no. 23 Tired Eyes, Puffiness + Dark Circles is specifically designed to target the causes of under eye bags:
- The anti-inflammatory power of caffeine helps soothe and de-puff eyes.
- Vitamin A boosts both collagen production and cell turnover, thickening the under eye skin — which reduces the appearance of dark circles and also smoothes wrinkles.
- A serious skin brightener, vitamin C aids in the production and maintenance of collagen, increasing skin elasticity and lightening hyperpigmentation that can contribute to dark circles.
NuvesseMD biocellulose eye masks use Cellulation Technology to deliver these powerful ingredients deeper into the skin, and work together with the Tired Eyes, Puffiness & Dark Circles Serum Roller, which you can use any time on clean dry skin when your eye area needs a quick refresh. Unfortunately, though antioxidants are great at helping you lose your under eye bags, they won’t help you find the perfect designer bag — you’re on your own with that one.